Linking of Voter ID to Aadhar is a process in which an individual holding a valid voter ID card can link the details of his Voter ID card to his Aadhar Card. The Aadhar card would, therefore, store the voting details of the individual when the linking is done.
“How To Link Voter Card With Aadhar Card“? Linking of Voter ID to Aadhar is a method in which a person having a valid Voter Identity Card can link his or her details of the card to his or her Aadhaar Card. Hence, by linking both the cards, all the details for the individual will be stored in one place. The process to link Voter id to Aadhaar card is also known as EPIC which stands for Electoral Photo Identification Card.
Why should you link Voter ID to Aadhar?
The Government of India introduced the concept to link Voter ID to Aadhar to eliminate the possibility of duplicate voters. It was seen that a single individual held more than one Voter ID card in his name thereby giving rise to bogus electorates. Since the Aadhar Card contains the biometric details of individuals, it is impossible to have more than one card for a single individual. Thus, when the Aadhar card is linked to the Voter ID card of the individual, the possibility of the individual voting with more than one Voter ID card would be eliminated. This would result in the elimination of bogus voters and would ensure a fair election. Thus, to contribute towards a fair election process, you should link Voter ID to Aadhar.
Since the Aadhaar Card holds the biometric facts of an individual, it is nearly impossible to have more than one Aadhaar Card for one single person. Not only this, but the intent of this process of linking will lessen the possible black money movement in the economy as well. Chances of frauds and duplication of documents will be nearly impossible. These are the reasons why the Government of India has taken the step of linking voter’s identity card with Aadhaar card. For now, this process is not compulsory, but we as a responsible citizen must cooperate with the Government and link our Voter id to Aadhaar card.
Now that you know the importance of linking the above mentioned two important identity documents, let us see how to link voter id with Aadhaar card. The process is simple and easy to follow. We will now take you through the various process to link voter id to Aadhaar card.
Details required to link Voter ID to Aadhaar
To link your Aadhaar card to your Voter ID, the following details would be required –
- Aadhaar card number
- Voter ID Card number which is called the EPIC number
- Registered mobile number
How to Link Voter ID with Aadhar?
There are different ways in which you can link Voter ID to Aadhar. These ways have been provided so that you can choose the most convenient way of linking your Voter ID card to Aadhar. You can link Voter ID to Aadhar online, offline, through phone and even through an SMS. Let’s understand the processes
How to link Voter ID to Aadhar online?
You can link Voter ID to Aadhar online through the National Voter’s Service Portal www.nvsp.in. The National Voter Service Portal or NVSP was launched in the year 2015 with a goal to have several services under one umbrella for voters. Under this online platform, you can easily go ahead and link voter id to Aadhaar card.
The portal allows you to search for your electoral details and also verify your details of Voter ID card online. To link Voter ID to Aadhar through the National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP), the process is as follows –
- Visit the portal and find your electoral details. To do so you would have to enter in your name, State, district, constituency, date of birth, father’s or husband’s name, etc.
- When the details are entered, choose ‘Search’
- If your details match the details registered in the Election Commission’s database you would be able to check all the details of your Voter ID Card
- On the page where the details are shown, there would be an option of ‘Feed Aadhar Number’
- Choose this option and a pop-up window would open
- In this window, enter in your name as contained in the Aadhar card, the Aadhar card number, the EPIC number contained in your Voter ID Card, registered mobile number and/or your registered email ID
- After you have entered all the details, click ‘Submit’ and you would get a message stating that your application to link Voter ID to Aadhar has been submitted successfully
- Your details would, then, be verified and once they are authenticated, your voter ID card would be linked to your Aadhar Card.
How to Link Voter ID with Aadhar offline?
The simple answer to the question “How To Link Voter Card With Aadhar Card” is you can also link Voter ID to Aadhar offline by visiting the Booth Level Office and by submitting your linking application to the Booth Level Officer. The Booth Level Office can be located online on the National Voter’s Service Portal. At the office, fill up and submit an Aadhar link form along with the copies of your Voter ID Card and your Aadhar card. The Booth Level Officer would, then, verify the details of your Voter ID card and Aadhar card and then do the linking. The linking might take some time and once the linking is done you would be informed of the same.