Can I open a savings account? What requirements must I meet? If you ask those questions o Who can open a savings account? ; in the following article we will answer them.
What is the savings account?
A savings account can be defined as an ordinary demand deposit, being a passive product, the funds deposited in the savings account can be accessed with immediate availability and generate a return during the duration of the deposited term of the amount saved.
- Although the remuneration conditions vary according to the contracted product.
Who can open a savings account?
They can open a savings account in UOB agencies whether they are a Natural Person or Legal Person . Therefore, any natural and legal person can open a savings account in the bank and access the services of deposits, withdrawals, consultations and agreements of, for example, the Banco de la Nación in locations where it is the Unique Banking Offer (UOB ) .
Who can open a savings account? The savings deposits or savings accounts can be set up / open according to existing legislation:
- Natural or legal persons
- Illiterate or disabled people
Savings account in UOB agencies
Using this opening service, natural and legal persons can open a savings account in, for example, Banco de la Nación de Perú and access benefits of services such as:
Requirements to open a savings account: natural person
- Do not have a current UOB savings account.
- Present an original national identity document (DNI) or, in the case of foreigners, a copy of the valid Alien Card or Passport.
- 4th. Category (Independent Worker): Affidavit specifying your annual income. (*)
- 5th. Category (Dependent Worker): Withholding Certificate. (*)
- It does not require a minimum opening amount.
(*) If they do not have these documents, they must submit the affidavit of average annual income.
Requirements for opening a savings account: legal entity
- Letter signed by the holder requesting the opening of a Unique Banking Offer savings account. Download Model
- Present the original DNI, foreigners, copy of the Immigration Card or valid Passport.
- Simple copy of RUC File (CIR-Record of Registered Information), updated, active and existing tax address.
- Simple copy of the electricity, water, landline or cable television bill, the payment due date of the last three months.
- Original Power of Attorney for registration in SUNARP with no more than 10 calendar days for those registered in Lima and 15 calendar days for those registered in Provinces.
- Legalized copy of the company constitution testimony and amendments.
- 3rd. Category: Annual Income Tax Payment Declaration Form for the last accounting year. (*)
- Signature Record (s) of the person (s) authorized to manage the savings account .
- Deposit of S /. 100 new as a minimum opening amount .
(*) If they do not have these documents, as they are new taxpayers, they must present the sworn statement on average annual income.
What should I know before opening a savings account?
- Financial companies offer two types of accounts:
Accounts with maintenance charge
Accounts without maintenance charge (this allows you to increase your money as a saver).
- It is important to check what is the minimum balance to obtain performance applicable to the savings account.
- Companies in the financial system such as banks and savings banks are free to set their interest rates, so it is better to check the Annual Effective Rate of Return (TREA) applicable to the savings account.