Ductile Iron which is also known by the name of the Spheroidal graphite iron or Nodular Cast Iron was invented in 1947. This material retains the corrosion resistance of cast iron however has more than double tensile strength. The essential distinguishing characteristics between the Cast Iron and Ductile Iron Spools lie in the shape of the graphite in the microstructure of the metal.
In the case of Cast Iron, the graphite is present in plate like flakes, which makes Cast iron fragile but for DI, the shape of the graphite becomes a spheroidal nodule, which increases the tensile strength & makes Ductile Iron strong and shock proof.
Considered as the most chosen pipe material for water supply and pressure sewerage application, ductile iron pipe & fittings are used all over the world. They offer superior tensile strength and diametral inflexibility than Mild Steel and retain the inherent corrosion resistance of cast iron.
Considerable benefits can be obtained from Ductile Iron Pipes in terms of pressure bearing capacity, impact resistance and ability to sustain external static /dynamic loading. Modern DI Pipes are made to last over 100 years, and is an environmentally preferable product because of its recycled content, energy saving, while in service, its sturdiness, its own recyclability and due to the commitment of the pipe industry.
The Advantages of Using Ductile Iron Pipes:
- It requires very little maintenance & once installed is designed to last around 100 years
- According to reports, the projected service life for modern ductile iron pipe fittings is at least 105 years and because of its longevity, there is more iron pipe in service today than any other pipe material.
- Made up of around 98 percent recycled content, they are themselves a 100% recyclable material.
- Significant energy savings are obtained during the pipe’s lifetime in service due to lower costs from increased flow capacity.
- These pipes are very strong and can easily withstand the most severe conditions ranging from high-pressure applications to heavy earth & traffic loads, to unstable soil conditions.
- They are resistant to corrosion in most soils
- Ductile iron pipes and fittings is the pipe of choice to protect against surges and increased pressure loadings due to its strength, durability, and traditional design.
- The installation is very much easy and safe for workers as they can cut and tap these pipes on site.
- It is rugged and resist damage during handling & installation
- Because of its metallic nature, these pipes can be easily located underground with conventional pipe locators.
So it can be concluded that, for various piping projects, DI is the most beneficial choice which may offer high performance for a long time and can also help to save on other additional costs.
Are You Looking For Ductile Iron Pipe And Fitting Suppliers In The Delhi, India?
Choose Supra Group!
Supra Group is the leading wholesale trader of Iron Pipes in Delhi. The variety offered by us is developed with the help of modern machinery & technology to leave no possibility for defects. Under the guidance of skilled professionals, the offered range is developed with excellence in adherence to the guidelines laid in the industry. To oblige the demands of customers, we are offering these products in various specifications at industry leading prices.