Surgical Cannulae Market: Introduction
Surgical cannulae is one of the most commonly used devices in surgical procedures and operations. Surgical cannulae is a small thin tube or pipe made of plastic that has an opening in the end for the passage (entry or exit) of air or biological fluids (blood, saline, etc.) for nutrition to patients, medications, parenteral nutrition, and chemotherapy. These are primarily used in cardiovascular operations, intravenous and intra-arterial supply, various other operations, and delivery of biological fluids in and out.
Read Report Overview – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/surgical-cannulae-market.html
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Surgical Cannulae Market
- Rise in the number of patients suffering from cardiovascular, neural, orthopedic, and dermatological diseases that require surgery, innovation of technologically advanced cannula, and increase in demand for minimally invasive surgery (MIS) procedures are the key factors that contribute to the growth of the global surgical cannulae market.
- Quick & easy availability of cannulas, growth of advanced technology that support the manufacturing of fine and high quality surgical cannulae, increase in government initiatives, funding schemes, and a large number of corporate investments toward R&D and health care infrastructure sector contribute to the growth of the global surgical cannulae market
- Strict government regulations, competition among top players in the market, and product recalls are major factors likely to hamper the growth of the global surgical cannulae market.
- According to a survey conducted by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, during 2015–2016, there were 10.6 million hospitalizations in Australia. Of these, 1 in 4 hospitalizations involved surgical procedures.
Cardiac Segment to Dominate Global Surgical Cannulae Market
- Based on product, the global surgical cannulae market can be classified into cardiac, vascular, arthroscopy, dermatology, nasal, and others.
- The cardiac segment captured major market share. Factors attributed to the growth of the segment are rise in number of patients with cardiovascular diseases and rate of occurrence combined with advancements in technology and manufacturing of new devices.
Cardiovascular Segment to Capture Largest Market Share
- Based on application, the global surgical cannulae market can be categorized into cardiovascular, oxygen therapy, general surgery, cosmetic/plastic, orthopedic, diabetes treatment, and neurology
- Increase in number of heart diseases such as cardiac arrest, cardiac locks, arrhythmia, high and low BP, and cardiac holes is a major factor contributing to the growth of the cardiovascular segment
Silicone Segment to Witness Highest Growth
- In terms of material, the global surgical cannulae market can be divided into plastic, metal, and silicone
- The silicone segment is expected to account for significant share of the market in the next few years. This can be attributed to factors such as ease of use, high durability and resistance of the silicone material used for manufacturing of surgical cannulae, and rise in adoption of technological advancements. Innovations in different technologies boost the growth of the silicone segment.
Hospitals Segment to Capture Largest Market Share
- Based on end-user, the global surgical cannulae market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers (ASC), and others (blood banks and home healthcare facilities)
- The hospital segment held the largest share of the market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue in the next few years due to increase in number of people being admitted to hospitals and large number of ongoing surgeries in these settings.
North America to Dominate Global Surgical Cannulae Market
- In terms of region, the global surgical cannulae market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global surgical cannulae market in 2019 due to increase in number of surgical procedures, advancements in technology, large number of corporates investing in R&D activities, and well-established health care facilities and infrastructure in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global surgical cannulae market are:
- Medtronic plc
- Edward Life Sciences Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Sorin Group
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Conmed Corporation
- Smith’s Medical
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Maquet Holding B.V. & Co. KG.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453