Excess fat and loose sagging skin in the neck or a “double chin” is a common aesthetic concern among both men and women. The neck is one of the body parts that shows the first signs of aging. Excess layers of fat caused by genetics, aging and weight gain can cause the chin and the jaw line to become full and puffy and make a person look older that they really are. Though diet and exercise can help to some extent, these measures often fail to provide the desired results. BodyTite neck liposuction is an ideal option to address a double chin. The procedure removes the excess fat and tightens the skin, and results in a tighter, smoother and more refined jaw and neck. Plastic surgeons in reputable AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practices in NYC also use the FDA-approved BodyTite liposuction device to perform many other body contouring procedures.
How Does BodyTite Work?
BodyTite utilizes the patented RFAL™ (radiofrequency assisted liposuction) technology to address excess fat and provide significant skin tightening effects.
The plastic surgeon begins the liposuction procedure by marking the area to be treated. Local anesthesia is administered to numb the site and a tiny incision is created to insert the BodyTite hand device in o the subcutaneous tissue. This device has two probes that work simultaneously. One works beneath the skin, heating the entire soft-tissue matrix and melting the fat via the temperature-controlled RF technology. The second probe simultaneously aspirates the liquefied fat and coagulates the adipose, fibrous, and vascular tissue.
In addition to removing unwanted fat, the procedure tightens the skin effectively, leaving the surrounding tissues unharmed. In fact, BodyTite can provide 40 percent more skin tightening than traditional liposuction treatment. This RAFL procedure also encourages production of new collagen, thereby improving the skin’s texture. As thermal energy is simultaneously applied under and above the skin, fat removal and skin tightening can be achieved in one, single procedure.
The minimally-invasive neck liposuction provides the following benefits –
- Improves the appearance of double chin
- Reduces jowl volume
- Lifts the cheeks and define the jaw line
- Requires only local anesthesia
- Controlled heat generation
- Reduced surgical trauma and the risk of any thermal or heat injuries
- Short downtime, does not require overnight stay
- Quick healing and less scarring
- No lumpy irregularities
- Less bleeding and bruising
- Performed on an outpatient basis
Who is an Ideal Candidate for BodyTite Neck Liposuction?
Generally, an ideal candidate for BodyTite neck liposuction surgery is a healthy person with troublesome areas of excess fat and skin in and around the neck area that need correction. The additional criteria that determine a person’s candidature for BodyTite liposuction are:
- Is at least 18 years of age
- Has fat deposits that persist even after strenuous workouts and rigorous diets
- Is physically active and in good health (without any underlying medical conditions)
- Is close to his/her ideal weight
- Has good skin tone and realistic expectations about the surgery outcome
- Does not smoke
The procedure is not recommended for –
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding
- People with autoimmune diseases, skin diseases and/or infections
- People with allergies to certain local anesthetics
BodyTite in NYC takes approximately 30-45 minutes to complete, though this may vary based on individual considerations. The results would depend on the extent of the area treated, amount of fat removed and other individual factors. Initial results are visible immediately after the procedure and the best results are usually seen after 6-12 weeks.
If you are considering BodyTite neck liposuction in New York, it is important to consult a plastic surgeon who is specifically trained and experienced in BodyTite liposuction surgery. If you are a good candidate for the treatment, a reliable surgeon perform the procedure safely and provide attractive results.