If you are in the United States of America and you do not have your American internet protocol address (IP) registered or unregistered, you may want to know how to change your IP address on macOS. There are many reasons why one would want to change one IP address. One reason is to change from one location to another or from one ISP to another. Another reason is to change from one ISP to a better ISP.
How to change the IP address on macOS Big Sur?
If you are wondering how to change the IP address on macOS, you should consider changing it when you move. It has become increasingly more difficult for people in the US to change their IP addresses and remain anonymous online. The main reason for this has been the misuse of the “fake” free proxy websites that are run by hackers to collect IP addresses of unsuspecting users. Thus, many individuals who are trying to surf the web will get redirected to some random site, which will make them think that they are surfing anonymously.
Thus, even if someone obtains your fake proxy website.
- they can tell what ISP you are using and will not know how to change the IP address on macOS.
- Changing your IP is very important if you use the Internet as your mode of travel, especially if you use popular websites like Facebook or Google.
- So now that you know how to change your IP address on mac, let us discuss how to change it while you are on the go.
- You will probably be on the Internet most of the time and will therefore want to change your IP address frequently.
- so it is best advised that you change it when you arrive at your destination.
- Therefore, you should connect to the Internet through a wireless network.
- such as your cell phones or another unsecured Wi-Fi connection. If possible.
- change it before you leave your location, especially if you plan to access websites that require your IP address.
However, if you do not have one of these Wi-Fi connections, or you stay at your current location for work most of the day, then you might want to consider a Wi-Fi alternative method. You can change your IP address on macOS immediately, without having to change your wireless settings or reload any pages that you have visited online.
This is done by scanning your computer with software that automatically changes your IP address every time your PC connects to the Internet. This is a much faster method than using a free proxy site, which can take several hours, or manually changing your IP every time you open a new tab or window. The software also offers a higher degree of protection against malicious attacks, since hackers will not know whether they have accessed your computer’s information or not.
While the process may seem complicated, it is actually quite easy to learn how to change the IP addresses on macOS. Since the change only takes a few seconds, there is no reason why you should not try it yourself. Just make sure that you use a secure Wi-Fi connection, and change your IP address every time you log onto the internet. This way, you will be safe from hackers and telemarketers, while still enjoying the conveniences of using a modern web browser.