“If you want to know about tipping the movers, then you have tumbled upon the right article. Read on”.
When it comes to hiring movers and packers, most of us are very picky. We make sure that the company has good reviews, decent ratings, good achievements, etc. I am sure that you also look for flexible packages, easy-to-get estimations, et al.
Now comes the million-dollar question – should you tip your chosen Affordable Sacramento Movers? Now there is no rule book related to the same. If you ask me, I would suggest you evaluate how they have served you. If your movers are rude, not punctual, dragged the furniture over the floors, mishandled the boxes, etc., then there is no need to tip them. You should only pay the token amount if you have really liked their work. Also, you don’t need to tip them by exceeding your budget. If you have a restricted budget, then you can obviously skip on the same.
However, I would ask you to find the answers to the following questions.
- Did they put in their 100%? Do you really appreciate their hard work?
- Did they handle fragile items with care?
- Did they behave well? Were they on time? Were they patient enough to listen to your requirements?
- Was the weather favorable or harsh? If harsh, then you must appreciate their work because the weather makes it so more difficult.
- Does your old or new house have an elevator or did they have to go up and down the stairs? Do they have narrow doorways, hallways, etc.? If yes, then you must consider the same.
- Did they pack the items with enough padding?
- Did they stick to their initial quote?
- Did you avail any kind of additional services?
- Is this a local move or a long-distance one? Yes, distance matters.
You should find the answers to these questions to make a decision on choosing the perfect Elk Grove movers. You should be a little judgmental.
Always remember that tipping is not an obligation. It is up to your free will. You might opt for a generous or a basic tip.
Other forms of showing appreciation
If your budget doesn’t permit, then you can show other signs of appreciation. You can offer them snacks and even lunch.
If it is hot and humid, you can provide them a freezer with aerated drinks, cold water, etc.
You should make sure that you turn the air conditioner on when they are doing all the hard work if it is too hot. You should also help them to some extent if there are too many items.
If they live up to their promise, then you can post a fine review on their social media page as well as Google. Sometimes, a review is worth a million bucks! You can also refer them to your friends and family who are also in search of a professional Roseville Movers.
Now that you know it all, I am sure it would be easier for you to decide if you should tip Folsom moving company or not. To know more or to get some important tips, read my other blogs and articles.
Author Bio: Austin was associated with one of the finest Affordable Sacramento Movers. He is now a full-time blogger on Folsom Moving Company and Roseville Movers.