Global Indian International School is one of the best international schools present in Dubai. The primary motive of GIIS is to help the students figure out what they are good at and then help them achieve wonders in their desired field. In an effort to achieve this, GIIS allows its students access to the 9 GEMS education scholarship in Dubai.
9 GEMS education scholarship is provided to students in between 1st-10th grade and is like a golden key that helps students get the financial assistance they need to unlock their dreams. The focus of the program is to create symmetry between academic and extracurricular activities and to trace out the best potential of every student. 9 GEMS Scholarship provides the best comprehensive education and has been honored the most valuable Golden Peacock Award for Innovative Product/Service Award 2014 by the Institute of Directors. The educational scholarship is provided for 1 year and needs to be renewed thereafter.
This scholarship includes three categories, each with specific eligibility criteria:-
- CATEGORY A:
Eligibility criteria:- Students winning 1st,2nd or 3rd position in a National(India) level competition in any of the 9 Gems Skills are eligible to get 20% off on Tuition fees under this category.
- CATEGORY B:
Eligibility criteria:- Students winning 1st,2nd or 3rd position at the UAE level competition in any of the 9 Gems Skills are eligible for 15% off on Tuition fees under this category.
- CATEGORY C:
Eligibility criteria:- Students winning 1st,2nd or 3rd position at the Interschool level competition in any of the 9 Gems Skills are eligible for 10% off on Tuition fees under this category.
Scholarship Disbursal Criteria (As per Category) :
- The applicants need to be residing in UAE at present with a valid Emirates ID
- They should have received National or International recognition.
- They can have a contribution in fields of sport, extracurricular activities and performing arts.
- Applicants with new ideas and extraordinary leadership qualities are eligible to apply.
The process for the scholarship are as follows:
- Step 1: The parents of the applicant need to submit the Application form. Every detail should be filled in carefully. The documents that need to be uploaded along with the Application form are –
- Academics records for the past two years in PDF format.
- Achievements in the field of Arts, Sports, Holistic space, Music (at Regional/National/ International level)
- UAE residence visa copy of the guardian and the student.
- Emirates ID copy of student and parent.
- Step 2: There are assessments to assess the candidate’s eligibility for the scholarship.
- Step 3: Scholarship Test and Interview can also be conducted for an all-round evaluation of the candidate.
- Step 4: An email is usually sent to the selected applicants within 10 working days.
- Step 5: Last but not the least, signing the scholarship deed seals the deal.
The 9 GEMS Education Scholarship is a major facilitator in making high-quality education accessible in the UAE. With wide eligibility criteria, a simple application process and fast and seamless disbursement, the scholarship program changes several lives every year.