Electroanatomical Cardiac Mapping Market: Introduction
The number of cardiac-related issues such as arrhythmia, cardiac arrest, valve blocks, and heart attack is rising presently. Surgery is a commonly used method to treat cardiac arrest and heart failure, which sometimes or after a period of time, leads to irregular heartbeat. This medical condition is called arrhythmia, which may arise post-cardiac operation or before that. A key method being employed for the treatment of arrhythmia is cardiac mapping. It is a useful approach for its treatment. In cardiac mapping, the areas of cardiac muscles are identified where there is irregular heartbeat, which are subsequently identified and removed. This, in scientific terms, is called ablation.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Electroanatomical Cardiac Mapping Market
- Rise in the number of heart issues (cardiac arrest); arrhythmia cases and their prevalence; advancements in technology; and use of modern-day scientific approaches such as advanced imaging techniques, software, and use of artificial intelligence, and machine learning approaches are major factors that drive the electroanatomical cardiac mapping market
- Research funding from government agencies and significant investments by several companies in the market are also key factors boosting the electroanatomical cardiac mapping market.
Contact cardiac mapping systems segment to lead market
- Based on product, the electro anatomical cardiac mapping market can be divided into contact cardiac mapping systems and non-contact cardiac mapping systems
- Rise in the use of contact cardiac mapping for the last few years can be attributed to the advantages offered by contact cardiac mapping, such as their accuracy in locating and detecting the exact locations of mapping and ablation catheters in a 3D environment, their efficiency in imaging along with multi-electrode basket catheter by recording in just a few beats and to detect the locations that are affected by arrhythmia. Additionally, accuracy & efficiency to measure and detect images with increased chances of disease diagnosis and ablation are also key factors driving the contact cardiac mapping systems segment.
Atrial fibrillation segment held notable market share
- Based on indication, the electroanatomical cardiac mapping market can be split into atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, AVNRT and other arrhythmias
- The atrial fibrillation segment held a notable share of the market in 2019 due to new advancements in technology and rising arrhythmia cases. Moreover, the results produced by the use of atrial fibrillation are quite accurate, which in turn further propel the segment.
North America to dominate global electroanatomical cardiac mapping market
- Based on region, the global electroanatomical cardiac mapping Market can be segregated into North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific
- North America held a prominent share of the global electroanatomical cardiac mapping market due to a rise in the number of chronic cases, increase in number of clinical trials to reduce the risk of arrhythmia, and funding and investments from government agencies and corporates in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global electroanatomical cardiac mapping market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Biosense Webster
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Biosense Webster (US), Abbott (US)
- Medtronic (Ireland)
- MicroPort Scientific Corporation (China)
- EP Solutions SA (Switzerland)
- Acutus Medical (US)
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Royal Philips) (Netherlands)
- Lepu Medical (China), BIOTRONIK (Germany)
- AngioDynamics (US)
- BioSig Technologies (US)
- APN Health (US)
- CoreMap (US)
- Kardium (Canada)
- Catheter Precision (US)
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.