Biologic Imaging Reagents Market: Introduction
- Biologic imaging reagents are substances utilized by researchers or by medical practitioners to conduct diagnostic or research based activities. Biologic imaging reagents play a significant role in the healthcare, biotechnological & life science sector. They provide significant assistance in the detection of biological processes at a molecular level.
- The biologic imaging reagents market can be segmented based on type, technology, end-user, and region. Based on type, the biologic imaging reagents market can be categorized into nuclear reagents, contrast reagents, optical reagents, and others. The contrast reagents segment can be further sub-segmented into MRI, optical imaging, X-ray & CT, ultrasound, nuclear, and others. Based on end user, the market can be categorized into research & academic institutes, diagnostic laboratories, life science companies, imaging centers, and others. Based on technology, the market can be split into fluorescent dyes & probes, fluorescent proteins, radiopharmaceuticals, quantum dots, and nanoparticles.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market
- Technological advances in biologic imaging reagents are occurring at a rapid pace. These technologies involve microfluidics, protein engineering, biologic targeting, nanotechnology, and supramolecular chemistry. Rapid development in technology has already transformed the biologic imaging industry by the formation of newer imaging reagents and offering significant opportunities. The higher growth rate witnessed by the biologic imaging reagents market has resulted in the adoption of customized medicine, which demands a molecular approach regarding the early diagnosis & monitoring of drugs. Similarly, the impact of continuous advancement in proteomics as well as in genomics are generating biomarkers of diseases. This source of biologic targets could be exploited by biologic imaging reagents for the diagnosis of early plaques formed in Alzheimer’s disease or the early detection of cancerous cells.
- The increasing pursuit of excellent technology for the diagnosis of multiple kind of ailments including nervous system, malignancy, heart blood vessel disorders and the increasing symptomatic imaging method, rising expenditure in analysis projects for updating the therapeutics and growing consciousness amidst the population with regards to the benefits of imaging technology are key factors that are projected to boost the biologic imaging reagents market during the forecast period. Meanwhile, the higher costs and funding requirements are estimated to hamper the market, while continuous enhancement in the diagnosis section of the same is likely to offer significant opportunity.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market
- North America dominated the global biologic imaging reagents market, in terms of share, due to the availability of complex healthcare infrastructure, patient awareness levels, and rise in high per capita healthcare expenditure. Furthermore, rapid adoption of numerous types of modalities by end-users, technological improvements, and an increase in cases of chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease and cancer in the region are attributed to the dominant share held by North America. Europe followed North America, in terms of share of the global biologic imaging reagents market owing to rising research and development activities in the region.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the presence of unmet medical needs and rising economic growth, which is assisting healthcare infrastructure enhancement in countries including India and China. Rise in lucrative opportunity for clinical and preclinical trials observational studies at lower costs and government support in research and development activities are further boosting the biologic imaging reagents market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Biologic Imaging Reagents Market
The global biologic imaging reagents market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global biologic imaging reagents market are:
- Bracco Spa
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Siemens AG
- Bayer AG
- CMC Contrast AB
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453