Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a 4 years license programme. It Comprises of 2 years academic and 2 years practical training in the live environment. AME Course can pursue through Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Govt of India approved AME Institutes in India. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course is related to the protection and well-being of the aircraft and its passengers.
The eligibility criteria to pursue an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course which is such as:-
- Candidate must be passed 10+2 with PCM or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma in any stream or any higher qualification in science with Physics and Mathematics at the time of admission.
- The candidate who is eligible for admission in B Tech Courses is also eligible for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) programme.
- Candidate age can be between 16 to 28 years at the time of admission.
- Candidate must not have colour blindness and any physical disabilities.
- Candidate must have minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 with PCM or equivalent.
Who should join the AME Course?
AME Course candidate is responsible for the safety, security and maintenance of an aircraft. It is a job of high dignity and responsibility because an aircraft can’t take off without approval from Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. He is the whole and soul of an aircraft when it is on the ground.
So a candidate must have some additional abilities to become an excellent AME which are as follows:-
- Passionate to work in an exciting and innovative aviation industry worldwide.
- Love to work on aircraft and flying environments.
- Sometimes an AME has to travel worldwide so a candidate must like to explore the world.
- Candidate must have a positive attitude & desire to do creative and innovative work.
- Good at problem-solving skill and excellence in learning new skills.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is a profile of high dignity and responsibility so a candidate should be responsible towards for his work
Why should join AME Course?
AME Course aspirant is a high-class job with excellent salary package. In India, there is skill-shortage of aircraft engineers. The number of jobs is more than the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers in India this is the reason behind the golden career opportunity for AME in India.
These are the following factors why a candidate should join AME Course:-
- India is the fastest-growing aviation market in the world
- India has more than 25% traffic growth in domestic air passengers that’s why India has ordered 1080 Aircrafts which will create new opportunities for AME Career.
- India is the best place to provide excellent and skilled manpower in the world that’s why every big international player is interested in starting their venture in India.
- India is going to be MRO Hub, Boeing, and Airbus is going to set up their MRO industry in India. The MRO requires more Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, so the demand of AME is going to hike.
- Qatar Airways is going to start a new airline in India with 100 aircrafts.
- Uber is going to launch Air Taxi by 2020 in India, it will generate requirement of a huge number of AME to maintain these Helicopters.